Tacos and Tuesdays go together like reading our #TechTuesday post and getting excited for the next one! So, have another taco and get to know all about Korey!
My name is Korey Brooks. Born and raised in Louisville where I started my career in EMS and worked for 6 years. I came to work for Georgetown-Scott county EMS in 2019. When not at work I enjoy time with my two sets of twins and wife. I plan to further my education and obtain my Paramedic license soon.
1) Where are you originally from?
I’m originally from Louisville but now reside in Frankfort.
2) What are your hobbies, interests, etc?
I enjoy spending time with my kids, wife, and my Great Dane, Oakley. When not working ems i enjoy working my other job in construction.
3) How did you become interested/get started in EMS?
I started out as a volunteer firefighter in Louisville where I quickly became interested in furthering my career in emergency services. I decided to get my EMT and quickly fell in love with EMS.
4) What brought you to Georgetown?
I came to Georgetown to be closer to home and a 24/48 rotation that allowed me to be home more with my family.
5) What is your position at GSCEMS?
I’m an EMT on third platoon
6) Where did you go to Paramedic/EMT school?
I obtained my EMT certification through Louisville.
7) What is your favorite thing about EMS/your job?
My favorite thing about my ems career is being able to create a sense of calmness for those experiences on one of their worst days.
8) What is one thing currently that you would change about EMS as a whole?
Public involvement and outreach. Developing a Community Paramedicine program in Scott county.
9) What is one place in Scott County that you would take a visitor?
Probably to stamping ground to see the many views of farm land with sunsets