Tuesday, Tuesday, gotta get down on Tuesday! (Don’t worry Rebecca Black, we knew this was what you meant to say in your song!) Think we can get her to record a song about #TechTuesday or is that too much?
EMT Jackson Lyons dropped in because she heard there were tacos. Turns out, no tacos. So she decided to let you all get to know her.
I am a dog mom to a little Border Collie puppy named Lilah, who happens to be the cutest. I am the youngest of two. My older brother is my best friend! I love all genres of music. I am awful at talking about myself! I am very outgoing.
1) Where are you originally from?
Lived in Kentucky my whole life, raised in Nicholasville, spent the last few years in Lexington
2) What are your hobbies, interests, etc?
I love painting and drawing, when I’m bored I usually drive around with windows down or play with/train Lilah.
3) How did you become interested/get started in EMS?
I was a sophomore in high school when I became interested in the medical field. So I decided to take an EMS class and loved it from there. I loved the on-your-feet thinking and not sitting at a desk all day.
4) What brought you to Georgetown?
I did my ride time a year or so ago at GSCEMS and I loved the crews and environment here and knew that’s where I wanted to work when I got my license
5) What is your position at GSCEMS?
6) Where did you go to EMT school?
Southside Technical School
7) What is your favorite thing about EMS/your job?
The people you meet and get to help. But also, how happy they are that you are there to help. Even the work family you become a part of is like no other.
8) What is one thing currently that you would change about EMS as a whole?
Probably how appreciated EMS is. A lot of people don’t understand how much EMTs and medics do and how much they go through for their patients
9) What is one place in Scott County that you would take a visitor?
Hmmmm…..I’m not sure! I’m not from here, why don’t you all tell me where to visit!