Those leaves are starting to fall so we figured we would fall into your news feed with another #TechTuesday. Meet EMT Jesse McLean!
“My name is Jesse and I’m a full-time EMT here at GSCEMS. I’ve only been here about 2 and a half months but I’ve been in EMS for about 4 years and I love my job.”
1)Where are you originally from?
Northern Kentucky but more specifically Erlanger, Ky.
2) What are your hobbies, interests, etc?
My free time is usually spent outdoors fishing or exploring KY with my wife.
3) How did you become interested/get started in EMS?
I was always interested in being in the medical field but knew that the hospital setting wasn’t for me so I decided to go the EMS route and have loved it ever since.
4) What brought you to Georgetown?
I recently got married and moved to Winchester. I needed somewhere to work that was closer to home and I had always heard great things about GSCEMS and I decided that this was a team I wanted to be a part of. So far it has been a great decision!
5) What is your position at GSCEMS?
Full-time EMT on 3rd platoon.
6) Where did you go to Paramedic/EMT school?
Somerset-Pulaski County EMS
7) What is your favorite thing about EMS/your job?
It would have to be the fact that each day is different, two shifts are never the same. Also seeing the positive impact that we have on the community.
8) What is one thing currently that you would change about EMS as a whole?
Enhanced public education
9) What is one place in Scott County that you would take a visitor to?
That would have to be Evan’s Orchard without a doubt. Especially this time of year.