1) Where are you originally from?
I was born and raised here in Georgetown.
2) What are your hobbies, interests, etc?
I am interested in Chemistry! I just graduated with my B.S. in Chemistry from the University of Kentucky a few weeks ago. In terms of hobbies, I like to lift weights and work out.
3) How did you become interested/get started in EMS?
At the time, I had planned on attending medical school after I finished my undergraduate degree and needed something to gain experience in healthcare and working with patients. I had always been interested in Emergency Medicine so EMS seemed like a good fit. 2 years later, I can’t imagine doing anything else.
4) What brought you to Georgetown?
Apart from a few years, I studied at Auburn University in Alabama, I have always lived here in Georgetown.
5) What is your position at GSCEMS?
I am an EMT, but I am planning on getting my paramedic license next year.
6) Where did you go to EMT school?
I went to the accelerated EMT program at EMTPKY in Lexington in the Summer of 2019.
7) What is your favorite thing about EMS/ your job?
The camaraderie within the EMS community and the unpredictable nature of this field. You never quite know what your day is going to look like.
8) What is one thing currently that you would change about EMS as a whole?
I think as EMS providers we can do a great service for the future of our field by giving insight to the community about what we do daily to draw more passionate, hard-working people toward a career in EMS.
9) What is one place in Scott County that you would take a visitor to?
I would take them to Evan’s Orchard and/or Skull Buster’s trail then Local Feed for dinner.