Tell us about yourself:
My name is Cierra and I am a part-time EMT at GSCEMS. I’ve been with GSCEMS for about three months. I am a new EMT (7 months) but I love it!!
1)Where are you originally from?
2) What are your hobbies, interests, etc?
Spending time outdoors—fishing and camping— with my dogs and husband. I also love to run outdoors!
3) How did you become interested/get started in EMS?
I have been a teacher for six years and a volunteer firefighter for almost three years. Once I started EMT school I fell in love with the medical side of how everything works. I knew it was the career I wanted to change to.
4) What brought you to Georgetown?
Once my husband and I got married in 2016 we moved to Georgetown to be close to his family. We fell in love with the area and have lived here ever since.
5) What is your position at GSCEMS?
I am a part-time EMT.
6) Where did you go to Paramedic/EMT school?
At EMTPKY in Lexington.
7) What is your favorite thing about EMS/your job?
I love helping others in my community. Also, the people I work with at GSCEMS are great and always willing to help me in furthering my knowledge and experience.
8) What is one thing currently that you would change about EMS as a whole?
More education activities and events for the public.
9) What is one place in Scott County that you would take a visitor to?
I would have to say a day at Bi-Water Farms or Evans Orchard along with a meal at Galvin’s!!