Tuesday is here or as we like to call it, Monday 2.0. Isn’t quite the weekend but you’ve had just enough time to get back into the groove of the week. Plus we fully support breaking out some new dance moves on Tuesdays, Mondays are just too much to do it then.
EMT Jen Conley wanted to stop by and show you her new dance moves for #TechTuesday
I have worked for GSCEMS for 17 years now, but have been in EMS a total of 19 years. I have three kids that mean the world to me. I got married in October to Kevin Conley, the love my of life, and I gained three more wonderful kids and two precious grandbabies.
1) Where are you originally from?
I was born and raised in Stamping Ground.
2) What are your hobbies, interests, etc?
I love to travel and experience new things. The beach is my happy place….sadly there isn’t a beach here.
3) How did you become interested/get started in EMS?
I was actually a waitress in the restaurant next to headquarters. I was looking for a career to help support my family.
4) What brought you to Georgetown?
Why am I at GSCEMS? That’s easy it’s my hometown. My friends and family live here. Why would I want to work anywhere else?
5) What is your position at GSCEMS?
EMT on First Platoon
6) Where did you go to EMT school?
Through the Scott County Fire Department.
7) What is your favorite thing about EMS/your job?
The people. They aren’t just coworkers, they are family. We basically live with each other for 24 hours every third day. You tend to develop a stronger bond than just coworkers.
8) What is one thing currently that you would change about EMS as a whole?
There are two things that come to mind. The first one is to help people understand what we truly do and the other is to be able to follow up on patients that we have. Unfortunately, we have them for such a short time period and rarely get to follow up on the outcomes.
9) What is one place in Scott County that you would take a visitor to?
Hmmm…….there are so many options. I say we start downtown and then figure it out from there!