Don’t let that dark, gloomy gray sky get you down. Join us below to get to know Paramedic Charles Rawlings for this week’s #MedicMonday.
Tell us about yourself:
I am a Marine Corps veteran, served 5 Yrs, and am currently a Paramedic. Been in EMS for around 7 years and love every single second of it.
1)Where are you originally from?
Born and raised in Frankfort, Kentucky
2) What are your hobbies, interests, etc?
when I do have free time I spend as much as I can fishing hunting etc, or on the lake
3) How did you become interested/get started in EMS?
My interest in EMS began while I was in the Military we did a lot of medical training and I enjoyed it
4) What brought you to Georgetown?
The atmosphere in general of the workplace is pretty good fun people to work with and around
5) What is your position at GSCEMS?
Paramedic on third platoon
6) Where did you go to Paramedic/EMT school?
Emergency Medical Training Professionals (EMT-P) for both.
7) What is your favorite thing about EMS/your job?
For me, it’s being able to do something that continues to make a difference even when it seems to not be the case.
8) What is one thing currently that you would change about EMS as a whole? (Pay is not an appropriate answer, sorry)
I would change the “eat your own young” mentality that is chronic across EMS as a general whole. Some agencies are better than others however, as a whole the career needs to be more accepting and nurturing of people new to the career.
9) What is one place in Scott County that you would take a visitor to?
That’s a hard question to answer as I haven’t only been in and around Scott County my entire life and I haven’t spent much free time here.