We’re back with our next paramedic feature. Let’s take a few minutes and get to know Cherity a little better.
1)Where are you originally from?
Originally from Cynthiana, KY!
2) What are your hobbies, interests, etc?
I love the beach, reading, flower gardening, my Dachshunds, and redecorating my best friend’s house. Oh, and did I mention I love the beach?!?! I also enjoy spending time with my grand babies and traveling the world with my husband!
3) How did you become interested/get started in EMS?
It wasn’t any one thing in particular that got me interested. I’ve just always wanted to do this job, to be able to help people when they need it the most,
4) What brought you to Georgetown?
Jen Ramey! She talked me into it and here I am today!
5) What is your position at GSCEMS?
Paramedic/FTO. FTO is a Field Training Officer. We are essentially an assistant supervisor for our shift but we also handle all of the training for new employees that we hire who get assigned to our shift.
6) What is your favorite thing about EMS/your job?
My favorite thing is being able to truly make a difference in someone’s life on the worst possible day they can imagine.
7) What is one thing currently that you would change about EMS as a whole?
Definitely that the public would understand that we are human. We get tired, hungry, sleepy, and cranky just like everyone else. We miss holidays, birthdays, and family functions, among other things, to be there when something happens and someone needs us.
8) What is one place in Scott County that you would take a visitor?
I can’t think of one place in particular. Just to drive them around and show them the beauty of Scott County!